The perfect iTunes alternative, Tomahawk for Mac is here. This open source music player is definitely going to change the way people perceive and share music. You can depend on sources like Grooveshark, Last.fm, Spotify and Pandora among others to listen to music from your most cherished artist without being charged for each track. However, Tomahawk goes a step ahead and helps users maintain and organize their own music library. All you have to do is tell Tomahawk what music track you would want to listen to and this app will locate the track and play it for you. Can listening to music get any better?
How to get started with Tomahawk?
You can download this app for free. If you have not come across a source to download it visit the link http://www.tomahawk-player.org and download Tomahawk app. Once downloaded, you can install it by moving the app to the Applications folder of your Mac. When the app is opened the first time, it will automatically scan your computer for saved music files. The scanning process does not take a long time. The time taken for this app to scan depends on the number of songs that are saved on your computer.
Features of Tomahawk app
When we make claims that Tomahawk is the perfect iTunes alternative, our reasons are simple. The features of this app makes it what it really is. Here’s a closer look at them
- This app allows you to form various kinds of music lists for various parameters like artists, genre, tempo and style among others.
- Tomahawk gives its users the freedom to select and place playlist links form iTunes, Spotify, Rdio and GrooveShark. You can also save playlist links on Tomahawk and listen to music anytime you wish.
- You can check out what the hottest music is and who the most talked of artists are on various sources like Billboard, Hype Machine, Spotify, Ex.fm and Rdio.
- If a particular music track captures your attention, you can visit the pages that contain detailed information about the song and the artist. Apart from this, Tomahawk also lets you find and listen to music this is similar to those that you listen to.
- In case you are craving for extra music sources, you can find and install plug-ins. There are various plug-ins that help you find music, friends and also keep track of your friend’s updates.
- Tomahawk allows you to keep track of the music tracks that your friends have been listening to.
- The social media feature of this app lets you check out the songs that your friends love listening to the most.
Search feature of Tomahawk app
One of the most remarkable features of this app is its search feature. This allows you to browse artists and music tracks. When you type a keyword to search for an artist or an album, the top portion of the window displays a short description about your search results. The bottom of the window displays all the albums of that artist.
The final word
Download and use Tomahawk app on your Mac and rediscover the joy of sharing and listening to music.