Are you sick and tired of fake files, throttling download speeds, and seeing the annoying message like, ‘your internet connection is down’ popping up every now and then? If so, we can help you fix that all up! We will help you get your torrent download speed back to its best in no time. Read on.
Tips to speed up torrents downloads
1. Use local tracking tools - First check if your torrent download is in your neighborhood or not. The farther your torrent is, the slower the download speed will be. For example, if you are in Germany and are using a torrent that is centered in the US, then you will get a much slower download rate than a Germany-based torrent download tool. So, ensure that your torrent is in your closest locality.
2. Use download speed tracker aggregators – It’s easy to find services that indentify other torrent sites and integrate all the corresponding torrent trackers into one common place. This will help maximize your torrent download speed. E.g. of such services are IsoHunt.com and ScrapeTorrent.com.
Speed up your BitTorrent downloads
3. Download fewer torrent files – Make sure that you don’t upload or download more than 5-9 torrents at a time. Excessive torrent downloads may put more pressure on the peers and slow down the download speed completely. You can change your uTorrent settings as follows:
Go to Options -> Preferences/priorities -> Queueing and fix the maximum active torrents the same as your internet download speed.
Ways to Enhance Your Torrent Download Speed
4. Set the number of connections – When you are uploading and downloading a lot of torrent files, adjusting the number of connections or pathways will help maximize the download speeds. However, make sure that the number of connections is neither too high nor too low – it should be optimum, that is. For example, if your internet download speed is 8Mbps, you can set the “international maximum number” as 800. And you can keep the “maximum number of peers/torrent” as 80 and the “maximum number of uploads” as 8. Hope you would have got a clear idea on how to set the number of connections for your torrents. It varies in the range of 100, 10, and 1.
To set the values, you may go to “Options -> Preferences/Priorities -> Bandwidth” and make the necessary changes there.
5. Let the upload speed be only 60-75% of the maximum value – I tried this small trick out, and it worked wonders for my torrent speeds. Typically, all of us want to download and upload files at the maximum speed that is achievable by our tools. But in reality, it only slows down the speed if the values are set to the maximum. Try reducing your upload and download speeds considerably and see how it works. Your torrent files should download much faster now.
There you have it! These are some of the simple but effective steps you can follow to get some extra download speed from your torrent. And I would suggest you get uTorrent. It’s faster, free of cost and the best I have ever seen.
This guest post is brought to you by Sandy Coops of cabletimenc.com, a site that offers savings and current information on service from time warner.