Most people who are addicted to drugs would never usually admit they have a problem, although some may realize that their regular intake of drugs has started to take over their lives. This is always the first step to recovery – admitting to yourself you have a problem. However, often the next step to recovery is just as difficult and you may not even know which way to turn. Firstly, it should be stressed that anyone looking for help with drug addiction should always seek out the services of a professional, although there are plenty of tools to help you get started.
Drug Addiction – How to Stop Your Dependence on Drugs
This is an iPhone app is the form of a book that will explain practically everything you would ever want to know about drug addiction. The book was created for those who believe they may have a problem or for others looking to help and understand a potential drug addict. You will be greeted with just about every fact there is and the book is also very easy to digest and understand.
- One of the most important aspects of giving up drugs is learning how to deal with stress. In fact, if you don’t address this issue you are likely to simply return to taking drugs. The app provides countless tips and facts about dealing with stress.
- You will discover the extremely important benefits of admitting drug addiction and then trying to help yourself get clean.
- You will discover the real reasons why most people turn to drugs at some point during their lives.
- You will learn about many different types of drugs and the affects they have on your mental and physical state.
- You will learn how each individual drug can play a role in your life.
- You will find out exactly what happens to you during every drug episode.
- The app will help you to discover if you do in fact have a problem with drugs.
- You will learn how to get help for yourself and indeed how to help others with a drug problem.
- You will learn about the specific plans that drug treatment and rehabilitation centers offer, as well as how drug addiction affects different people and also what happens during drug detoxing.
The app can be found in the Health & Fitness category of iTunes and is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It will require an operating system of iOS 2.0 or later. You will need to be at least 17 years of age in order to download the app, as there is frequent reference to tobacco, alcohol and drug use. The app is currently on sale for $0.99, although the normal price is $14.99.
The creator of the app suffered with drug addiction problems for many years and actually developed the app due to the difficulty he had in finding useful information online about drug abuse and addiction. Therefore, he decided to put all the relevant and useful information about drug addiction in one, easy to find, place.
Nancy Anderson works for one of the successful opiate rehab centres in the country and she helps treat individuals with addiction issues. Her interests include reading and writing.